Birmingham’s best nightlife was rewarded at this year’s Best Bar None Awards, which took place at the International Convention Centre last night (2 December 2015).
Thirteen awards were handed out to venues across the city which champion best practice in the licensing and entertainment trade.
Le Truc, an independent French bistro in Ladywell Walk, Southside, was the night’s big winner receiving two awards for Best Restaurant Bar and Overall Birmingham Best Bar None 2015.
This year’s winners are listed below:
- Casino Bar: Genting Casino, Chinatown
- City Centre Venue: The Village Inn
- Hotel Bar: The Briar Rose
- Nightclub: The Nightingale Club
- Restaurant Bar: Le Truc, Southside
- Student Bar: Joe’s Bar, University of Birmingham
- Suburban Venue North: The Bottle of Sack, Sutton Coldfield
- Suburban Venue South: Old Hare and Hounds, Rednal
- Suburban Venue East: The Pear Tree, Kings Heath
- Suburban Venue West: Sacks of Potatoes, Aston
- The People’s Choice Award – City Venue: Pitcher and Piano, Brindleyplace
- The People’s Choice Award – Suburban Venue: The Red Lion, Kings Heath
- Overall Birmingham Best Bar None 2015: Le Truc, Southside
Cllr Barbara Dring, Chair of the city council’s Licensing and Public Protection Committee, said: “Congratulations to all the winners of this year’s Best Bar None awards, as the overall quality of entries was very high this year, which is fantastic to see.
“These awards, which are like the Oscars for the licensing trade in Birmingham, encourage venues to strive for excellence in all aspects of their business, to deliver safe and enjoyable nights out across the city. Well done to you.”
Best Bar None is a national award scheme supported by the Home Office, and helps at all levels within licensed premises.
Birmingham Best Bar None is the biggest in the country, championing licensed premises that provide a safe and enjoyable night out.
The scheme shows effective promotion of the licensing objectives, and in doing so, it promotes a vibrant and attractive economy within the city of Birmingham.
Media contact: Emma Brady, Press & PR Officer on 0121 303 6969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the awards ceremony are available via the Flickr gallery below: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jassansi/sets/72157661810160431