Cllr Tahir Ali is the Cabinet Member for Development, Jobs & Skills, with responsibility for translating the vision to make Birmingham the enterprise capital of Britain, by growing businesses, creating jobs, lifting people into work and better wages, and ensuring the young people of the city are equipped with the right skills to match those needed in the market.
Tahir first became a City Councillor in 1999 and he represents Nechells ward.
Most recently he was Labour’s Shadow Cabinet Member for Transport, Regeneration & Environment, and was a member of the corresponding Overview & Scrutiny Committee. Previously he was Cabinet Member for Local Services & Community Safety.
Tel: (0121) 303 2039 (Group Office)
Download photograph: http://www.flickr.com/photos/birminghamnewsroom/7248206236/in/photostream
- Green plan to reduce New Street station's carbon footprint
- Proposed HS2 College site to be allocated
- Web chat on transport strategy
- Call for feedback on cycling routes
- Birmingham City Council responds to Wage Incentive cut