Cllr Tahir Ali is the Cabinet Member for Development, Jobs & Skills, with responsibility for translating the vision to make Birmingham the enterprise capital of Britain, by growing businesses, creating jobs, lifting people into work and better wages, and ensuring the young people of the city are equipped with the right skills to match those needed in the market.
Tahir first became a City Councillor in 1999 and he represents Nechells ward.
Most recently he was Labour’s Shadow Cabinet Member for Transport, Regeneration & Environment, and was a member of the corresponding Overview & Scrutiny Committee. Previously he was Cabinet Member for Local Services & Community Safety.
Tel: (0121) 303 2039 (Group Office)
Download photograph: http://www.flickr.com/photos/birminghamnewsroom/7248206236/in/photostream
- Successes highlighted in cabinet member’s annual report
- Advanced Manufacturing Hub site ready for development
- Council short-listed for house-building initiative
- 20 is Plenty - second area set for approval
- Cash up for grabs for local walking projects