Councillor Sir Albert Bore is the new Leader of Birmingham City Council.
Elected as a member of Birmingham City Council in 1980, Albert Bore represents the Ladywood ward and has taken a major role in the regeneration of the city.
From 1984 to 1993 he chaired the City’s Economic Development Committee.
Since the mid 1980’s he has held company directorships of both Aston Science Park and the National Exhibition Centre. He is also a director of Marketing Birmingham.
He was leader of Birmingham City Council from 1999-2004.
Since 1994 Sir Albert has been one of the Government appointed members of the European Union’s Committee of the Regions, and was President from 2002-2004.
In December 2006, he was appointed Chairman of the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust.
Tel: (0121) 303 2039 (Group Office)
- Historic moment as Core Cities welcomes Glasgow into group
- New Cities for Business partnership launched
- Grand Central and New Street opening date set
- Response to HS2 growth taskforce report
- Significant funding boost for city centre enterprise zone