Birmingham’s social workers shine at national Social Worker of the Year Awards 2015 – Congratulations to all Birmingham winners and finalists
Birmingham scooped five awards at the celebration of good social work practice on 27 November:
• Elizabeth Spencer – Gold Award for Newly Qualified Adult Social Worker of the Year
The judges were impressed by the leadership skills demonstrated by Elizabeth at such an early stage in her career and could see that she has “very promising career potential.”
• Harprit Rai – Gold Award for Adult Social Worker of the Year
Harprit impressed the judges with her “sheer determination” to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable adults in the face of very difficult circumstances.
• Hospital Extended Team – Gold Award for Creative and Innovative Practice
The judges said their work showed the “true value of social work.”
• Shabnam Sharif – Silver Award for Mental Health Social Worker
• Val Thompson – Silver Award for Lifetime achievement
Val Thompson said of the award: “I am honoured to have received the Silver Lifetime Award which I wholeheartedly dedicate to all staff and young people, as without them this achievement would not have been possible.”
Congratulations also to Amanda J Jones and Gian Saini who were finalists in the Team Leader of the Year-Adult Services category.