Tunnels jobs – a clarification

By on 29/07/2013 in Rebuttals

Following stories in the media today regarding the balance of UK and non-UK workers on the scheme to improve Birmingham’s city centre tunnels, the following statement has been issued jointly by Birmingham City Council and its highways partners Amey:

“We can confirm that the number of overseas workers on the tunnels refurbishment project in Birmingham represents less than 4 per cent of the overall workforce on the scheme, with the remaining 96 per cent being sourced locally or from around the UK where specialist skills are required.

“Amey and Birmingham City Council encourage all subcontractors to recruit from the local area whenever possible and support the local economy.”

ENDS

For more information on the improvement project please visit www.brumtunnels.co.uk

Tags: , ,

Subscribe

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Top