- Budget Consultation Webcast
- Thursday 7 January 2016
Cabinet members will be online this week to answer your budget consultation questions in a special two-hour webcast.
The 2016+ budget consultation was launched last month and residents are now being urged to have their say on the proposals before consultation closes on January 8.
City council leader Cllr John Clancy and his cabinet answered questions in two public meetings and a webcast before Christmas.
There will be a final public meeting in Kings Norton on Wednesday 6 January (6-8pm) before Cabinet is again online for a second budget Q&A webcast on Thursday 7 January (6-8pm).
Cllr Clancy said: “We had some really interesting feedback when we spoke to people about the budget in December and I’m keen to hear more Birmingham residents before the consultation closes.
“This is another tough budget and people have asked us some very challenging questions. It’s more important than ever that we work with the people of Birmingham, with our partners and with communities to make some very tough decisions. I’ve made it very clear that this is not a case of ‘doing things to the city’ but more a case of ‘doing things with the city’.
“That’s why I would urge everyone to take part in this consultation – either online or by attending one of our budget events. If you have a budget question, please join us for the webcast on Thursday.”
- You can view the webcast here: http://www.birmingham.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/205107
- If you would like to ask a question in advance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The budget consultation closes on 8 January 2015 and residents can also:
- Fill in our online survey on the Be Heard consultation portal
- Text ‘Budget’ followed by a space and your message to 07786 200 403
- Email email@example.com
- Write to: Budget Views, Room M49, Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham B1 1BB
- Post your comment and discuss other people’s suggestions on the Birmingham Speaks forum