If you’re looking for FREE fun activities in Birmingham this summer, look no further than ParkLives. Run by Coca-Cola Great Britain in partnership with Active Parks Birmingham, ParkLives offers a wide range of ways to entertain the family for free. And we’ve got something for everyone.
- Bushcraft [Alternating Thursdays from 11th August, 3.15pm, Muntz Park] Outdoor fun for creative families with young children including nature detective work, making mud pies, messy art and mixing magic potions
- Free Family Fun [Taking place across 39 parks in Birmingham] Bitesize beginner sessions of traditional park games such as football, rounders, badminton, cricket, archery and tennis, as well as arts and craft sessions and large scale board games.
- Tai Chi [Join FREE sessions almost every day across Birmingham] Combining deep breathing and relaxation with slow and gentle movements to help improve balance and stability. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- SwingFit [Fun FREE session on Wednesday 6-7pm in Cotteridge Park] A new fitness programme based on dance styles from the 1920s & ’30s, including Charleston and Lindy Hop. It is suitable for people of all fitness levels and abilities, with an emphasis on having fun while getting active and staying fit.
- Woodland Activity [Mondays, 10.30am, Balaams Wood from 15th August] A chance to make friends with the city’s creepy crawlies on a guided hunt for ladybirds, spiders, beetles and more
- Walking [Join FREE sessions almost every day across Birmingham] A simple, free and sociable ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier. We’ve got Led Walking Groups or you could Learn to Nordic Walk.
- Green Fit Baby [Join FREE sessions almost every day across Birmingham] At this outdoor fitness class, parents exercise alongside their babies, with pushchairs or prams. The session incorporates special exercises for postnatal mums. Feel free to stick around afterwards for a chat and a cuppa!
- Walking Football [Every Thursday 1-2pm at Victoria Common] A walking football group – for the older but still competitive individual.
- Tennis [Join FREE sessions every weekend] Beginners sessions for Wimbledon hopefuls of all ages. All equipment provided and everyone welcome.
Birmingham City Council Deputy Leader Cllr Ian Ward said: “ParkLives offers a free, fun way to keep the kids entertained and active this summer. We’ve got loads of free sessions across the city and it’s not just about sport, there’s something for everyone. Birmingham is a city of beautiful parks and green spaces and these activities give you another great reason to make the most of your local park.”
View the full timetable and save a space online at https://www.parklives.com/activities?councilId=2